Level 3: Expert(By Savannah)
The best skin type for this procedure is clear skin.
Skin that does not have acne.
Bumps irritation rosacea.
Try to stay away from cool toned colors across the map because all colors once implanted into the skin become cooler. Warmer toned pigments will heal to look suitable on all skin.
Healing has many similarities to getting a traditional tattoo. The peeling is much less aggressive, however, since we are now going deep into the skin.
Immediately after the tattoo, the color is intense and bright. The blood flow has been brought to the surface of the skin making it look even more intense. This is totally normal and it will die down as the healing begins.
Forty-eight hours later, the color will appear darker as a scab begins to form.
Days 3-5 will be spent going through some dry peeling stages. It's important your client does not pick or exfoliate while this is happening or there can be some color loss.
Days 5-7, the skin is repairing itself and the client will see a lighter version of the tattoo under the skin that has shed. This color will still take about another 2 weeks to fully pop and blossom.
After the tattoo has fully healed you can examine the retention and layer more sessions on as desired for more color.
Take a break from vitamin c serums, retinoids, and glycolic treatments for at least 2 weeks prior to the session and 2 weeks after for best healed results.
Do not drink alcohol or take blood thinning medication 24 hours before appointment. Limit caffeine intake the day of the tattoo.
Skin should be healthy, non-irritated, blemish and sun burn-free for best results. Botox should be done 2 weeks prior or 2 weeks after appointment.
Please wait 1 year after using Acutane to tattoo.
Laser treatments must be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the appointment.
Absolutely no cosmetics on the cheeks for at least 10-12 days
You may wash their face daily with a mild facial cleanser.
When peeling stage begins, client can apply a very thin layer of non scented gentle moisturizer.
No heavy exercising for 5 days after the procedure. Do not pick or exfoliate during healing process.
Must take a break from vitamin c serums, retinoids, and glycolic
treatments for at least 2 weeks prior to their session and 2 weeks after for
best healed results.
Remember when the clients begin to use these products again that it can break down the tattoo and pre maturely lighten and shorten the lifespan of the tattoo.
This process will require some patience. Each Session is created 6-8 weeks apart as it will take this long to see the benefits from the previous session tattooed. On the first day immediately after having the lips tattooed you will experience some swelling. This is completely normal, and the swelling will subside in 24 hours. On the first day your lip blushing will appear very bright in color. This will fade about 50 percent lighter once the lips have healed. The color will heal soft and subtle. Lip blushing is meant to be a natural lip color for your lips. Lip Blushing is no meant to give you a lipstick look once healed. On day 2 after receiving lip blushing you will notice the color will appear a bit darker. This is because you are now forming a scab, you will also notice your swelling has subsided. On Day 3-4 your lips will become very dry and flakey. As the skin flakes away you will see the shade change and the color soften to a more subtle tone. Days 5-7 the lips will be a bit dry as the skin rebuilds itself. After week one the skin will be healed but you will still need to go through the color development phases. This will take a full 6-8 weeks to develop. During these phases your lips can look darker than the starting point, like nothing happened at all, or patchy and uneven color all the way up until the 6-8 week mark. This is normal and nothing to panic about. This is simply your body responding to being tattooed. Once the color is fully developed at the 6-8 week mark you will see the benefits of the tattoo session and can layer more as needed. After the first week of healing you may use lipstick or gloss to hide the transitioning stages if you wish. Its a journey but it’s always worth the wait!
• Please take a break from vitamin c serums, retinoids, and glycolic treatments, around the mouth area at least 2 weeks before your session and 2 weeks after for best healed lip blushing results.
• Do not drink alcohol or take blood thinning medication 24 hrs before appointment
• No Caffeine 24 hrs before your lip blushing tattoo, this will cause you to bleed and brush during the process.
• Please wait 1 month after lip blush to receive fillers. (or 1 month prior)
• If you suffer from cold sores (even just once ever in your whole life) you must take an anti-viral medication (like Valtrex) 2-3 days before, and 3-5 days after having your lips tattooed as directed by your doctor. We are tattoo artists, we are not doctors, we cannot prescribe you anti-viral medication. This is something that must be obtained by your doctor. This issue is extremely common, about 90% of the population suffers from them. They can be caught from something as simple as sharing a drink, even if the person you are sharing a drink with have no apparent blisters. Lip Blushing does not cause cold sores, however, the injury to the lip tissue from being tattooed can cause an outbreak if the virus already lives dormant in your body. An outbreak can damage your lip blushing results, so when in doubt, reach out to your MD and get an anti-viral before your appointment. If you know for sure you are not someone who gets cold sores you can skip this step and count yourself as lucky!
• Please wait 1 year after using Acutane to receive lip blushing
• Botox should be done 2 weeks before the tattoo appointment or 2 weeks after lips are completely healed from lip blushing tattoos.
• Exfoliate & moisturize lips 24 hours before your appointment -this preps lips to be tattooed. Healthy skin = beautiful healed results
• Laser Treatments must be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after Lip Blush Tattoo
• Do not smoke weed before your permanent makeup appointment. This will cause unnecessary sensitivity and possibly paranoia.
• DAY 1: Your body will produce lymphatic fluid (a yellow-ish clear fluid), this is what your body produces when it Is healing to form a scab, use sterile water wipes given to you after the lip blushing process to remove this fluid 1-2 hours after procedure. Allow lips to settle and dry a bit. Then apply a very thin layer of a&d ointment/ aquaphor/ coconut oil to the lips periodically. Lips will be sensitive on this day. Avoid food that is too hot/too cold or too spicy/ too citrus.
• DAY 2: Continue to moisturize with a&d ointment/aquaphor/coconut oil periodically. Swelling will be minimal to none at this point
• DAYS 3-4: Lips will become dry and flaky. DO NOT pick or exfoliate the lips. Allow the skin to shed on its own. Keep moisturized
• DAYS 5-7: old skin will begin to flake off and soft tone will be revealed. Keep moisturized.
• No pools or saunas during the healing process
• Please take a break from vitamin c serums, retinoids, and glycolic treatments, at least 2 weeks prior to your session and 2 weeks after around the mouth area for best healed results
• Botox should be done 2 weeks prior to tattoo appointment or 2 weeks after lips are completely healed from lip blushing
• Laser Treatments must be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after Lip Blushing
• No cosmetics on the lips for 7 days, once skin is completely healed. Just moisturize!
• SPF is your BFF! No sun exposure for 7 days, and remember to continue to use SPF to elongate the lifespan of your tattoo when you encounter any sun exposure whatsoever forever!